Friday, June 11, 2010

Orange Part II - Legall Breakfast


Last time I came to Bathurst, I arrived on a Saturday afternoon, when unfortunately Legall was closed, and more unfortunate that it isn't open on Sunday. So I completely missed out on having luscious French pastries for breakfast. I've been shown the goodness of their pastry and the wonderfully tangy tarte aux citron so when an opportunity came to visit Legall, I seized it.

Oh it was decadent. Mini tarts on the counter meant I get to sample as much as my stomach can hold. Lemon tart, date and brulee tart, chocolate macaron (I MUST compare macarons wherever I go) were my breakfast while Martin sampled a deliciously flaky almond croissant.

Lemon tart and date brulee tarts were divine, and prompted me to buy some for later. Macaron was a little disappointing - wasn't very chocolatey, wasn't melt in your mouth, a tad firm in the center, and had a big air pocket under the shell. What a shame.

The next morning we had Legall brioche French toast with maple syrup - simple sophistication. Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment